Sausage Egg Cheese Biscuit Casserole is the ultimate breakfast! Crumbled sausage, eggs, shredded cheese, canned biscuits and country gravy! Incredibly easy to put together and can be made the night before to pop into the oven the next morning.
We have become slightly obsessed with breakfast casseroles at our home. We’ve always been huge fans of breakfast foods and often have them for dinner, which means we enjoy them ALL THE TIME. They now have become as classic as Biscuits and Gravy and Buttermilk Pancakes in our home!!
What I like most about breakfast casseroles is they are delicious, usually take minutes to put together, and are easy to change up with different meats (ham, sausage, bacon) and cheeses, like today’s recipe for a Biscuit Egg Casserole.
This easy breakfast casserole has been one we’ve made a few Saturdays this summer. My husband LOVES biscuits so I knew he’d like this breakfast casserole with biscuits. We love the sausage with it best but it would be great with ham chunks or bacon too. If you are like us, and enjoy a great breakfast casserole, then you should definitely give this a try.
You could even throw some green peppers and onions in here too. Mmm. Mmm. So many options! You could switch out bacon for the sausage. Whatever your family loves!
- 1 16.3 ounce can buttermilk buiscuits
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Cut biscuits into six pieces and place in a lightly greased 8×8 pan.
- Brown sausage on the stove top and drain. Spread over the cut up biscuits.
- Beat eggs and add milk, salt, and pepper to them and pour over sausage and biscuits.
- Sprinkle both shredded cheeses over the top.
- Bake in 8×8 pan at 425 for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 5 min.