Do you love chicken parmesan, but don’t love all the dishes that come with it? Then this is the dish for you! One pot, 30 minutes! The pasta cooks in the pot with all the sauce and chicken, making it super flavorful!
You guys… have you tried one pot pasta dishes before? They. Are. AMAZING!! No waiting for a big pot of water to boil, no draining, no extra pot to wash… just one pot of pure comfort food. I have been dreaming up and testing all kinds of one pot pasta dishes for you all, and I think you’ll be excited with all the options over the next month or so!
Do you love Chicken Parmesan? Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to cook Chicken Parmesan Pasta in one pot?
One Pot Meals make dinner easy. When you add comforting pasta, sauce and chicken it’s even better. One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta is one of my favorite dinner recipes and is perfect for the entire family.
It’s a classic dish and everything cooks in one pot including the chicken and pasta. After enjoying this recipe once, you will want to make it again and again.
I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and today I’m back with another one pot chicken pasta dinner. One pot meals are my specialty and I’m excited to share this meal with you.
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing not the creamy kind
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta small/medium
- 1 24 ounce Marinara sauce I love Delallo’s
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish optional
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don’t own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of marinara. Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking. ***SEE NOTE
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
- Top with chopped basil (optional) and serve! Enjoy!