I’m back with another chicken recipe – because really, is there ever such a thing as too many chicken recipes?! This lemon pepper chicken recipe is on the table in 20 minutes, perfect for those nights where you need dinner on the table ASAP. You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry to make it tonight!
One thing to take note of: all lemon pepper seasoning is not created equal. When I purchased my lemon pepper for this recipe, I read the ingredients of 4 different brands and they varied quite a bit. Some lemon pepper brands contain salt, others use citric acid instead of actual lemon peel, and some even use yellow food coloring! I recommend looking for a more natural ingredient list, to me citric acid isn’t a great substitute for real lemon peel.
Lemon Pepper Chicken is an American favorite! It’s super easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients, one being a seasoning called lemon pepper. It’s a zesty, peppery seasoning that goes great on a wide variety of dishes. Try it with my Quick and Easy Skillet Lemon Chicken or my Easy Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia.
WHAT IS LEMON PEPPER SEASONING MADE OF?
Lemon pepper seasoning is made from a combination of dried lemon zest, black pepper, and salt. To make your own, simply combine 2 parts dried lemon zest to 1 part ground black pepper, and 1 part salt.
This lemon pepper chicken has a light breading on it, which comes out a deep golden brown when sauteed in a little olive oil. The butter sauce is optional, but it really adds a nice finishing touch and takes just a few minutes to make. I like to serve this chicken over rice or pasta with a green veggie on the side for a complete meal.
I’ve made this lemon pepper chicken countless times over the past few months, even my kids love it! I hope your family enjoys this dinner as much as we do.
Still hungry? Follow Dinner at the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
WHAT IS A GOOD SIDE DISH FOR LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN?
Since Lemon Pepper Chicken is super easy to make, it helps to have a super easy side dish to go with it. Here are some great easy side dish recipes that you can mix and match to go with your chicken:
Perfect Roasted Asparagus
The Best Roasted Broccoli Ever
Super Easy Olive Oil Pasta
Easy Cheesy Rice Pilaf
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe, including tips and tricks along the way. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, lemon pepper, salt, and zest of 1 lemon. Toss chicken breasts in the flour mixture until fully coated. Slice remaining lemon into thin rounds.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden on bottom, about 5 minutes, then flip chicken breasts.
- To skillet, add broth, butter, garlic, and lemon slices and bake until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced slightly, 15 minutes.
- Spoon sauce on top of chicken and garnish with parsley.