This Easy Sausage Quiche is a delicious household staple. It’s super fun and easy to bake, especially on cold wintry days! It’s perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, and every meal in between!
Easy Sausage Quiche is a spectacular savory pie that’s ideal for serving at any meal. Breakfast sausage, green onion and lots of cheddar cheese smothered with a seasoned egg custard combine into a classic combination of flavors that always satisfy. The preparation isn’t complicated and well worth the small amount of effort it takes to make. Serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner any day of the week.
My kids seriously love quiche and will eat it for any meal. I only recently discovered this after moving next door to the “Quiche Queen” Jill. She makes quiche all the time for dinner and since my Jersey eats dinner there at least once a week, I have heard rave reviews. Jill being a working, single mom she told me how easy it was for her to make quiche for dinner and that she loves the simplicity of it. Her kids love it too and obviously Jersey does as well.
We’re huge “breakfast or dinner” fans at our house. Be it a pan of buttermilk biscuits smothered in sausage gravy, a big bowl of cheddar grits topped with bacon and eggs or big stack of buttermilk pancakes dripping with a generous drizzle of maple syrup. We’re not picky any of the aforementioned will do.
Quiche ranks quite high on our list for busy day meals also, and when paired with a sweet fruit salad it can really hit the spot. In this recipe, I am purposely keeping the ingredients simple but, feel free to adapt using your favorite cheese, or add some heat with a spicy sausage, if you like. It can be made in advance and reheated by the piece, too. Also popular with MSSK visitors checkout my Western Omelet Quiche and Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche which are always special occasion favorites.
So I decide to make it as well, first for a breakfast. The leftovers were devoured that day for lunch. That followed with me making quiche once a week since then. Of course with the size of my family, we make two because everyone wants leftovers. And really it is not that much harder to make two that it is one. I really have two meals ready in less than an hour with a prep time total of 20 minutes.
We are now on a quiche streak and we have more of our favorite recipes coming up. But since sausage was the first one we made, well, it’s the first to be shared. If you want to make crust from scratch (totally recommend) then try My Favorite All Butter Pie Crust (from Crazy For Crust).
Looking for a variety of quiche recipes? Then try a few of these: Bacon Onion Herb Quiche, Easy Mini Breakfast Quiche, Western Omelet Quiche or Slow Cooker Easy Quiche. All look delicious! And easy!
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Biscuit Dough Crust
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread softened butter along in the inside of a medium (12-inch) skillet. Set aside.
- Stir together self-rising flour and heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until just combined. Press the dough into the bottom of the skillet and about 2-inches up the sides of the skillet. Set aside.
- In another medium skillet set over medium heat, crumble and brown the ground breakfast sausage, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the browned sausage from the skillet and sprinkle onto the biscuit dough.Top the sausage with the cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake until the eggs are set the breakfast pizza is golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.