Recently, a reader recommended ZATARAIN’s Blackened Seasoning to me. My family loves blackened chicken, but I had never made it at home. I decided the first recipe I would try out would be Blackened Chicken Alfredo, using my homemade Alfredo Sauce.
Please please please don’t buy jarred Alfredo sauce. It is AWFUL and I promise you homemade Alfredo sauce is SO EASY! Like THE EASIEST THING EVER to make! Once you try it, you will NEVER go back to the jarred stuff!
Oh my word did this Blackened Chicken Alfredo turn out incredible! This is one we will definitely be making again and again. I look forward to trying lots of new recipes with this seasoning!
Check out some of our other favorite CREAMY pasta dishes, or scroll to the bottom for the recipe you came for!!!!
If you love saucy alfredo pasta, then you will fall in love with this blackened chicken alfredo instantly! The grilled blackened chicken and pasta is tossed in a simple creamy alfredo along with a few spices, chopped green onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
This blackened chicken is so easy and simple, there’s a good reason we make it every other week.
HOW TO MAKE BLACKENED CHICKEN ALFREDO
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and blacked seasoning. Then grill the chicken and cut it up into pieces.
- Then sautee the green onion, sun-dried tomatoes, blackened seasoning, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper, and melted butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. This will be the alfredo sauce.
- Pour in the heavy cream and let it come to a simmer. remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese cubed chicken, and pasta.
- 3 chicken breasts – chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of blackening seasoning It depends on how spicy you like your food and the brand of Blackening If I use Zaterain’s Blackening, I know to use less. I generally buy Zaterain’s Blackening or Paul Prudhomme’s Blackening. Both blackening seasonings are excellent.
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta – I often make this same dish with 12 ounces of Fettuccine.
- Four tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1- 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package and drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle the blackening on all sides of the chicken and place it in a hot skillet.
- Sauté until done.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to the chicken and stir in the whipping cream (heavy cream).
- Bring the heavy cream and half and half with chicken to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- Add in your cooked pasta.