Hi everyone, it’s Christie from betterwithorganic! Happy New Year, can you believe it’s the new year already!? I don’t know about you but 2015 just FLEW by! Anyway, now that it’s the new year, I’m all about my New Year’s resolution which is remembering to eat breakfast. I’m terrible about eating breakfast and I know it’s the most important meal of the day.
So, I thought I would share with you one of my go-to breakfast recipes which are these delicious Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins. These muffins are super moist, not too sweet, and almost healthy. The oatmeal streusel topping adds the perfect little crunch that I love.
These muffins are super simple to make, so grab those ripe bananas off your kitchen counter and make these Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins, I know you are going to love them. ENJOY! ♥
May, June and July proved to be three of the busiest months of my life. OF MY LIFE.
Okay, perhaps I’m being a little melodramatic.
The reality is, we did have a lot going on—mostly good stuff—and I’m glad that it’s all over.
We sold our house and moved to a new house.
My daughter had her dance recital, final competition in southern Maryland and Nationals in Virginia Beach.
I traveled to Boca Raton, Fla., as a blogger for ADMERICA! My husband coached a travel lacrosse team.
My son had a week long kindergarten camp. I changed jobs (same company, different position).
We finished renovating the garage to a family room in the new house.
My sister got married!
And we spent a week with my family at Slaughter Beach in Delaware.
- 3 cups of rolled oats.
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of chopped frozen strawberries
- 3 RIPE mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the bananas with the rolled oats.
- Add and mix in all the rest of the ingredients, leaving the strawberries for last.
- Scoop into your muffin mold about 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes.
- Feel free to add nuts, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips or whatever you fancy!