This Cookies ‘n Cream Oreo Cake is FULL of chocolate and Oreo flavor. Dark Chocolate Cake filled with marshmallow buttercream and tons of Oreos! (Also, the cake itself is egg- and dairy-free!)
This Oreo cake is beyond decadent. Filled with chopped Oreos, which add both creaminess and crunch, and the buttercream is literally to die for! Something about all the cookies blitzed into the frosting is just transformative. The whole thing is crowned with a chocolate ganache that just takes everything to another level.
I’m a smart person, really I am. But over the past few years I’ve become so forgetful. I’m pretty sure that my brain issues were a gift of motherhood…or blogging…or trying to do both at once.
COOKIES AND CREAM!!!!!! I love cookies and I love cake but it never occurred to me to put them together until my husband Brian requested an Oreo cake for his birthday, so I whipped up my moistest vanilla cake, folded in chopped Oreos and a delicious cake was born.
This cake is officially one of my TOP posts and I think it’s the play of creamy and crunch in this moist fluffy cake that gives the recipe an edge. I do hope you get to try it! If you find cake decorating to be a bit intimidating then check out my How to Decorate a Cake post, it has lots of helpful tips and a full how to video.
I’ll regularly put something by my purse (a package to mail, a box of brownies to gift) so I won’t forget it. I’ll even put my keys on top so I’m sure I’ll remember to grab it on my way out. And then I get halfway where I’m going…and remember that that letter I was supposed to mail is still sitting on my entry table.
Or I’ll tell myself that it’s been 5 days since Jordan got home from Sly Park (the 6th grade science trip) and I really should clean off the car windows. After all, the entire city and county now knows my daughter’s name is Jordan and she was out of town with the entire 6th grade because car pen ink doesn’t come off at the carwash. So I grab paper towels and windex and run out to my car…and then leave them on the seat and forget to actually wash the windows.
- 1 white cake mix (15 oz)
- 3.4 oz white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups almondmilk
- 4 egg whites
- 20 Oreos, roughly chopped (plus more for decoration if desired)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup white chocolate chip
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. (I used the cooking spray with flour for baking.)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, almondmilk, and egg white. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Stir in crushed Oreos just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and baking according to box mix instructions, about 45 to 50 minutes, or until an insert toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the bundt pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Combine butter, chocolate chips, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals at 50% power, stirring in between, until nicely melted. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake. Let the chocolate glaze set up for 10 minutes before moving onto the white chocolate glaze.
White Chocolate Glaze
- Combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals at 50% power, stirring in between, until nicely melted.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Add additional Oreos to the top of the cake if desired. Let glazes set up completely before slicing and serving.