If you love cake, or if you love Cookies n’ Cream Oreos, then you’re bound to adore this sweet combination. It’s truly the best of both worlds!
The vanilla pudding keeps this chocolate cake incredibly moist, while the Oreo cookies add just the right crunch on top! The Poke Cake with Jell-O pudding is a perfect potluck dessert, or even a nice treat to follow dinner on a special evening at home.
If you enjoyed the Jell-O Poke Cake then you are really going to enjoy this recipe. I have found that this cake is a hit with everyone. Especially the menfolk and the little ones. What isn’t to love? Pudding and cake all together in harmony. World peace through cake…one can dream.
Cake mix, pudding and Oreos
This is an absolutely perfect weeknight dessert for the family and it is just so ridiculously easy to make that you can easily remember all the recipe ingredients when you go to the grocery store to pick up what you need.
WHAT’S POKE CAKE?
“Poke Cake” refers to just about any cake that is poked with the end of a wooden spoon and filled with either pudding, Jell-O or any other sweet concoction. There are endless poke cake ideas, with flavors ranging from coconut and caramel to lemon, strawberry and vanilla. This chocolate Oreo version is definitely one of the best poke cake recipes out there!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 4 oz box cookies and cream pudding mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 20 Oreos (crushed)
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- Bake your chocolate cake as directed on the box using a 9×13 pan.
- Let the cake cool before proceeding. Once the cake has cooled for a minimum of 30 minutes begin the filling.
- Take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes throughout the cake. Open your can of sweetened condensed milk and pour it all over the cake making sure to pour the most in the holes.
- In a bowl add your dry pudding mix with 1/2 cup milk and whisk to combine. Now stir in whipped topping until well combined.
- Take 10 Oreos and place them in an zip lock bag and seal. Crush the Oreos using a rolling pin. Now add your crushed Oreos in your whipped topping. Stir gently until everything is mixed, then spread on cake.
- Now crush the remaining Oreos for the topping.
- Top with remaining crushed Oreo cookies.
- Chill for 1 hour prior to serving.