I’m sure you’ve heard of biscuits and gravy casserole, right? This version of that popular breakfast casserole is filled with eggs, cheese and sausage in addition to the biscuits and gravy! It’s a perfect breakfast casserole recipe for lazy Sunday mornings with the family and it’s even better when doubled for large groups. Bonus: this Egg Casserole can be assembled the night before for practically no morning prep!
THE BEST BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
You could even throw some green peppers and onions in here too. Mmm. Mmm. So many options! You could switch out bacon for the sausage. Whatever your family loves!
- 16 oz container of biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar/jack mix
- 2 cups cut up breakfast sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Open up a package of biscuits and cut each into 6 pieces.
- Spread cut biscuits in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Beat 6 eggs with milk and pour over the biscuits and sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and add a shake of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.