Planning a romantic dinner or perhaps you want to impress your other half with a lovely cooked dinner? Nothing simpler, no fancy ingredients required, and the taste is out of this world.
January can be a tough month, pockets are kind of empty after all that Christmas shopping, still trying to get around that healthy eating resolution.
And on top of everything, the weather’s miserable: short, dark days, and too cold. A night in sounds fantastic,doesn’t it? Especially if you want to make it to pay day.I know, long way to go.
tips to make perfect baked chicken breasts
Complicated steps? Out the window with this one. This recipe is just a throw-it-all-on-a-baking-sheet recipe and let the oven do it’s thing, using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The acidity in the mustards help keep this chicken extra juicy and tender while baking, while the sauce provides a delicious even covering around each breast, sealing all of those crucial juices in! No dry chicken breast over here!
how long do you bake chicken breast?
With this recipe, you are going to bake them first until they are just done (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your breasts), then broil them for the last 3-4 minutes to get that beautiful, golden browned colour with crisp and caramelised edges!
The best part about this recipe? No marinading time! PLUS no need to make a separate sauce to serve them with! While the chicken bakes, the juices in the pan mix together with the honey mustard sauce creating EXTRA sauce to serve them with!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together honey, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Toss chicken in the sauce to coat and place in your prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn chicken over and bake another 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with with rice or noodles and your favorite veggies.