This baked lemon chicken is coated in a butter and herb sauce, then roasted to perfection. A super easy dinner option that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy!
Chicken breasts baked in the oven can sometimes come out dry, but this recipe will never let you down! These baked lemon chicken breasts come out juicy and delicious every time, and the delicious sauce will have you licking your plate.
One of my favorite things in the world is getting requests from you guys for recipes. (Like, favorite — it seriously makes me so happy when I can hear what kind of recipes you want to be making!)
Without a doubt, one of the biggest recipe request successes we’ve had here at Gimme Some oven was my 5-step method for perfectly baked chicken breasts that I shared a few years ago, which tons of you had asked about and has now become one of the top-viewed recipes of all time here on the blog. (Amazing!!) But ever since then, we’ve had more and more people ask how to make a lemony version of the recipe. So today, that request is my delicious command again.
After the chicken is golden brown and crispy, it goes into a baking dish with some lemon juice, butter, garlic, herbs and chicken broth. If you have an oven proof skillet, you can simply brown the chicken breasts, pour the sauce over the top and bake directly in the skillet instead of transferring the chicken to a baking dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.