This easy, cheesy cauliflower tots recipe needs just 4 ingredients! Low carb and keto cauliflower tater tots with sugar-free ketchup make the perfect healthy comfort food.
If you love low carb comfort foods or sneaking in veggies for your kids (or significant other!), this cheesy cauliflower tots recipe is for you. They’re soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and easy to make!
But even though these are keto low carb cauliflower tater tots, they also make a healthy side dish or appetizer for just about anyone – no matter what dietary lifestyle you follow. Zucchini fries are a popular choice, too.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat one large or two small baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cauliflower.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the minced cauliflower, and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, stir the mixture again. Scoop cauliflower with a tablespoon measure onto the sprayed baking sheet.
- Form the ball into the shape of a tater-tot. Repeat to make 35 tots.
- Spray the top of each tot with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the tots and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 7 Servings (2 Tots Per Serving) | Smart points: 2