Lemon Buttercream Frosting, is naturally flavored and perfect for any cake or cupcake. Not too sweet, not too strong, just the right amount of lemon in a frosting!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase. This helps keep this website running! Thank you!
How was your weekend? Kevin’s birthday is this week, so we celebrated on Saturday. It was one of those effortlessly beautiful weekends where you just want to stay outside. Completely the opposite of every other weekend so far this summer where you feel like you’re holed up in a sauna. Practically Z-E-R-O humidity, so we took full advantage and spent most of the time out of the house. But I also did some “nesting” which doesn’t really feel like nesting? Baby laundry, organized baby toiletries, some bath stuff, etc. Does nesting feel like nesting? Was that even nesting…?
I also worked in the kitchen with a new piping tip– the leaf tip. Wilton #352. Trying to work on my piping skills. Now that I have a solid background of basic designs using these 6 tips, my goal is to learn making more intricate frosting designs!
It’s CUPCAKE season and this Lemon Buttercream Frosting is a new addiction of mine!
This year at my daughters cupcake and lemonade stand, I decided to do a little experimenting with flavor combinations.
I made 3 different lemon style cupcakes and took them to each of my daughter’s teachers at school to taste test.
Would you believe that not a single one of them complained about having to taste test a variety of cupcake ideas?
Shocking I know.
- 1 cup Butter – Softened (we used Salted Sweet Cream Butter)
- 5 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Wilton Color Right Food Coloring System – Yellow
- Decorating Bags
- Wilton 2D Decorating Tip
- In a mixer, add the butter and the lemon juice.
- Cream together on low speed until they are completely combined.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and continue to beat on medium speed until the frosting is creamy.
- Add the lemon zest and 1 small drop of yellow food coloring (if desired)
- Continue to mix.
- If the frosting is too runny, add 1/2 cup additional powdered sugar. Keep adding powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you have the frosting at the desired consistency.