I’m so excited to share this new Keto Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake recipe with you today! If you are anything like me, you love cheesecake but being on the keto diet you are always on the lookout for ways to enjoy past favorites before starting this way of eating.
Good news is…I’ve got your covered with this pecan caramel turtle cheesecake!
These low carb pecan turtle cheesecake bars started out as an unbelievably rich and velvety chocolate cheesecake with a pecan crust that tasted of buttered pecans and brown sugar. It was an amazing combination but unfortunately the intense chocolate flavor overpowered the lush homemade sugar free caramel sauce I spooned over the top.
Since bringing you the low carb Cranberry Walnut Crumb Bars a few weeks ago, I have found myself consumed with dessert bars. It’s funny, I never was a fan of them growing-up. I much preferred cookies and cake — and candy, I can’t forget candy. One of my favorite candies was chocolate caramel turtles which my mother surprised us with one year…. oh, way back in the late 1970’s.
You would never know that this cheesecake recipe is sugar-free! It tastes just like the traditional cheesecake we all know and love. The flavor is amazing and the texture is perfect!
This easy turtle cheesecake is topped with our sugar-free caramel sauce and dark chocolate. It’s paired with chopped pecans and walnuts to take this keto turtle cheesecake to the next level.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 Tbsp. erythritol powdered
- 2 tsp.stevia liquid
- ⅛ tsp. salt (or a pinch)
- 16 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup erythritolpowdered
- 2 tsp. liquid stevia
- caramel sauce(or store-bought sugar-free caramel)
- chocolate fudge sauce (or store-bought sugar-free chocolate fudge sauce)
- chocolate chips(or store-bought sugar-free chocolate chips)
- toasted chopped pecans
- [Note: I didn’t list the amount here because it is up to you how much you want to put on of each item. However, the individual recipes for each are plenty to top this cheesecake.]
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and press into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 6-7 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Reduce oven to 325°F
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream together with an electric mixer until smooth. If it clumps a bit that means your cream cheese was not softened enough. Put in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix again with the electric mixer. If it is not smooth repeat last step until it is smooth.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, stevia, and erythritol until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the chocolate crust, smooth the top so that it is even across the pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes or until it is mostly solid.
- The center will be a little wiggly, it will set as it cools.
- Cool completely on the counter and then put in the refrigerator covered overnight.
- Remove the ring from the springform pan. Slide a knife around the pan to loosen it from the ring. Be careful that the cheesecake does not stick to the ring when removing.
- After the cheesecake is set put the caramel sauce in a sandwich baggie snipped with a small hole at the corner or a pastry bag with a fine tip.
- Draw lines over the cheesecake until you have the desired amount on the cheesecake. I used the entire batch of my caramel recipe (1/3 cup).
- Repeat the same process as above with the chocolate fudge sauce, I used about ¼ cup of my chocolate sauce recipe.
- It is up to you how much you want to put on of both sauces.
- Sprinkle sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle on chopped toasted pecans.
- Put back in the refrigerator until serving.
- Nutrition is for just the crust and the cheesecake. Any added items such as the caramel sauce, fudge sauce, pecans, and chocolate chips are not included in the nutrition amounts.
- I did not add the nutrition amounts for these items so you can decide how much to add of each item if at all and if you use other recipes or store-bought items. The nutrition for my caramel, fudge sauce, and chocolate chips has the nutrition on the recipe for you.