HOW DO YOU KEEP MUFFINS FROM GETTING SOGGY?
There are two great ways to keep your muffins from getting soggy. With either method, you’ll need to first ensure that your muffins are completely cooled before storing in an airtight container. You do not want the muffins to have any residual heat.
So after a very cold spring break the kids returned to school and Caleb and I had time together. The first thing he wanted to do? Bake in the kitchen with mom.
So… what would we make? Easy Double Chocolate Chip Muffins because there is chocolate. There are chocolate chips. And they are great for snacks, lunches and hungry children.
When Caleb helped me to make the muffins, he loves to help with the eggs. I have learned to duck and run because eggs have somehow hurled themselves across the room and on me. True story. 🙂
The first option is to simply add a few saltine crackers into the airtight container that you store your muffins in. The crackers will absorb the excess moisture.
The second option is to lay a paper towel out onto the bottom of your storage container. Place your muffins in on top of the paper towel in a single layer, then place an additional paper towel on top. The paper towel will absorb the excess moisture.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Line muffins cups with paper liners (I like to use foil liners for anything chocolate) and fill the cups 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.